Mathematics Content Writers for Grade 10, 11 and 12 at WorksheetCloud
Add happiness to families by building amazing edtech products on the web!
Your Experience: 3+ years teaching Maths
Location: Remote position
Salary: Depending on hours worked
Position: Part time
Read full details below …
Wanted: humbly confident Mathematics Grade 10 to 12 teachers for part-time work
At Learning Lab Apps we build the world’s best edtech apps. We’ve built an amazing product (WorksheetCloud) that has been a huge hit with parents from day one, and we continue to grow thanks to happy users who can’t keep quiet about how much of a difference WorksheetCloud has made in the lives of their children (look here).
Our company is growing and we’re looking for teachers on a part-time basis with experience teaching Mathematics for Grade 10 to 12 to help us continue to build the best edtech app ever.
If you have the ability to create insightful Mathematics content (this is a content writing / authoring position) in one or more grades from Grade 10 to 12, then this job will be right up your alley!
This is the perfect part-time job for a teacher looking for a side hustle that will generate a decent second income. You’ll be designing Mathematics curriculum content (study notes, worksheets and practice exams etc.) for WorksheetCloud.
This is a remote working position meaning that you can work for us from anywhere in the world.
Who is Learning Lab Apps?
Learning Lab Apps is an edtech company (7+ years and counting) headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa.
Our mission is to bring happiness to families. It’s the reason we wake up everyday. We add a bit of happiness to the lives of parents and children by making schoolwork a little less daunting and a lot more fun.
But … we add happiness to the lives of our employees too.
To quote our CEO: “I love our customers, but my main purpose is not to serve our customers. My main purpose as CEO is to serve you, the employees, to help you achieve your goals and to have fun while doing it. I exist at WorksheetCloud to help each member in our team do the best work of their entire career.” ~ Adrian Marnewick, CEO of WorksheetCloud
Our company story begins in 2014, but our history in education and technology goes all the way back to the early 90’s. Our company is bootstrapped, profitable and growing. We haven’t taken on any outside funding because we’re in it for the long haul. This means we don’t exist to serve shareholders, but rather to serve our customers AND our employees.
You might be interested to read the following documents …
- Our Core Values (what we stand for)
- Our Culture Statement (how we live)
- Teaching qualification (B.Ed / PGCE etc.)
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching South African CAPS Mathematics between Grade 10 to 12.
- Extremely detailed-orientated with the ability to proofread and spot errors.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write good study notes and subject content.
- Extensive knowledge of subject terms (jargon) in Mathematics.
- Available to attend training and workshops on selected weekends and evenings (these are either conducted remotely via Google Meet or in-person at our offices in Cape Town).
- Have between 8 to 10 hours available per week to dedicate to this job. You will be working remotely and can choose your own working hours (evenings and weekends are fine).
- Excellent computer skills (Word, email, internet skills etc.).
- Own laptop with reliable internet connection.
- Designing and authoring Mathematics worksheets and study notes for Grades 10 to 12.
- Complete work within required timelines and to a consistently high level of quality.
- Use internal project management tools and spreadsheets to plan and manage your work.
- Stay up to date with academic curriculum in Mathematics.
- Communicate regularly with our Curriculum Manager.
Level: Mid-level Position
Remuneration: Based on how much work you complete each month. This will be discussed at your interview.
Location: Remote position (work anywhere with a stable internet connection).
Employment type: Part-time, 6 month initial contract with option to extend.
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Curriculum Manager
Learning Lab Apps supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. However, if you spell “colour” or “optimise” like an American, we reserve the right to laugh at you at best, or fire you at worst if you continue doing it.